Pregnancy Cravings

I am 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow with a bundle of moving joy.  These first 25 weeks have been filled with many different emotions and excitement.  Weeks 1-12 were filled with a lot of nausea, a lot of emotional breakdowns due to hormones never experienced by me before, and a lot of not gaining any weight.  It wasn't the most pleasant time of my life, even though something magical was happening inside me, not just in my uterus but my heart also.  I was sick most of the time, incredibly lazy, and lost about five pounds in the first trimester.  To say that it was rough for me was an understatement to describe how bad it must have been for Kyle.


Now that I have hit my second trimester and am edging closer to my third, I have gained eleven pounds total, and I am feeling greatfull and a lot more energetic.  I am finally able to smell food and eat it without running to the bathroom or trash can and I am loving that.  Apparently so is baby because after I eat the baby moves so much.

At 25 weeks I am just starting to really show, and I'm getting asked all the time when I'm due.  I love waking up in the morning and seeing if I've gotten bigger overnight.  Even though that's never the case.  I am experiencing being uncomfortable a lot.  Laying in bed and trying to get comfortable is hard.  The baby moves at all hours of the night waking me up and ending with me waking Kyle up.  Sometimes Kyle will just sleep out on the couch as to not bother me or baby and that helps.  Especially since I have the most wonderful pregnancy body pillow to keep me company.

As for cravings, food wise, I really haven't had any with the exception of grilled cheese sandwiches.  The only thing I've noticed as far as food goes is that I cannot have spicy food or anywhere near spicy food, without it resulting in a three day stretch of heartburn.  So I'm trying to stay away from it.


Cravings on other things... Candy crush has literally became my go to.  I have been unable to beat level 30 for the last two weeks but I cannot put it down.  During my first trimester I didn't feel like doing anything, even reading, but now I am out of my reading slump.  First on my list was Still Life: An Inspector Gamache Novel by Louise Penny.  I finished that book so quickly and I regret it because it was so good.  I didn't know who the killer was until they told me!  I am on the second of the series, Fatal Grace.  I'm not as into it as I was with the first one, yet.

Sleeping in a little longer when it's possible is also a favorite.  Usually it isn't past eight but that's still an improvement from 6:30.  My day starts by getting up, waking Kyle up, and making breakfast for the both of us.  Usually cereal but sometimes I splurge on pancakes, mostly for me.  Coffee is a must, mostly decaf but sometimes not.  I make Kyle's lunch and he heads into work.  After he leaves my day begins.  I will take a shower and start picking up the house and kitchen from breakfast and the night before.  I take care of bills and make payments usually over lunch around noon.  I come up with a dinner menu and start working on that.  After that I either play Candy Crush until I run out of lives or I read.


This pregnancy is really allowing me to slow down and enjoy life and enjoy the little things in it.  I am greatfull for this baby growing inside me and also allowing myself to grow along with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea for One

A Journey Towards Minimalism

Are We Designed to Want as Humans?