The Happiness Project; Thoughts

The Happiness Project is the latest book to make it to my Summer reading list and I'm excited to share my thoughts.  However, I haven't made it very far.  The Happiness Project is based on the author's (Gretchen Rubing Craft) attempt to make herself happier.  Yes, happier, not happy.  She states perfectly clear in the first chapter that she is a happily married woman and a mother of beautiful children.  She lives in her favorite place, New York, has her family, has her health, and has her happiness.  What more could she ask for?


Gretchen soon decides she isn't as happy as she could be or should be.  She has everything that she has ever wanted except the happiness level she expected to be at.  This is where The Happiness Project comes in.  She lands on taking a year, twelve months, to do twelve activities or hobbies that she enjoys to try to remedy her happiness intake.

While reading this book, I saw so many qualities of myself in the author.  Especially in this paragraph that I am going to share with you...  Gretchen allows herself to share, to be honest, and to be relatable.  She has the same aggitations and anxieties that everyone else faces and she isn't afraid to share it, to recognize it, and to try and fix it. 


How it ends I'm not sure, but I'm excited to share this tid bit with you and suggest that you read it as well.  We could all do for a little more happy, right?

What books are on your Summer reading list or are looking forward to reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea for One

A Journey Towards Minimalism

Are We Designed to Want as Humans?