Over Planning; Take a break

I am a planner if there ever was one.  Let me explain.  I plan out to plan out what I need to plan out. Make sense?  Good!  This past week hasn't been the greatest but it hasn't ended with the sweetest surprises.  I've made the last few weeks all about my plans.  What I wanted for my week, what I needed to finish, what I had to get started on, and how it all worked into my all ready laid out schedule.  I was taken by surprise when I found out that none of my plans would fall into place as I expected them to. 

You know those weird feelings you get when something big is going to happen, or an almost gut wrenching feeling that tugs at your heart?  That was my Tuesday.  Wednesday I found out my expected and planned for full time job would no longer be in my future plans.  I was heart broken and stressed.  Above all, I was hurt.  I soon let my tears do their time, and decided that it was meant to be, no matter how badly I wanted the job. 

I also continued to expect that I would stay at my part time job and finish my daily responsibilities for the next six months.  That was until I had an unexpected phone call from a Dr.'s office asking me to come interview on Monday!  I had no idea it was coming, I had no plans to apply anywhere else, or to search for other postions in my current office.  I was awestruck, happily awestruck.  I accepted the interview, of course, and jumped with excitement in the back room until I remembered I was still at work and should at least try to keep my all ready lost composure.  I returned to my office only to hear The Avett Brothers, January Wedding, one of my favorites, playing on the radio.  That's a good sign, right?  I thought so.

When I stop thinking of how I want things and need things to plan out and I just breathe in the all ready laid out plans of Someone else, I'm much more sane.  I'm much happier than I could have been if I'd planned it.  Sweet surprises is how my week is ending, and that's just what I needed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea for One

A Journey Towards Minimalism

Are We Designed to Want as Humans?