I'm a writer. I need time to write. It's what I love to do and what I need to do. Writing gives me a balanced life and shows me who I truly am. But writing doesn't always get to happen when there are a hundred other things that I am supposed to be doing. I'm sure you know what I am talking about. There are dishes to be done, a job to tend to, a room to clean, tea to make, and a boyfriend, friends and family to spend time with. Where do you work one more thing into that schedule? Being a writer I want my days to consist of nothing more than a red lip print on a decaf cup of coffee or tea, reading aloud from the book in my hand, and scribbling notes that inspire me to write on later. Does that sound perfect to anyone else? In real life this usually only happens maybe once a month for ten minutes. I read a blog post recently written by Cayt O'Neal that got me thinking about a few things. The post was tit...
Today was spent with family to celebrate a birthday. The weather was perfect, not too cool, not too hot. Just right. There was good food, good conversation, and love shared. Days like today make me feel on top of the world since I don't see my family on a regular basis. As the leaves fell outside I started to contemplate the heavens, as I so often do. But, as of lately my contemplations have been against anything ethereal and more for the opposite, which hasn't happened since I started believing in a greater presence, a God, if you will. I have sadly stopped reading my Bible, stopped listening when people begin to talk about a religion, and stopped praying that something would change, to make me more open to the idea. But today, whether it was the company of my family, the weather outside, or the mood of my soul, got me thinking about the world as if someone was controlling it. That feeling was short, but beautiful, and has op...
I've been doing some hard thinking lately, about myself, my esteem, and my goals. I got married one month ago yesterday, and while I am so happy to be married to my best friend I am hesitant at being a wife. I have dreamt of the day that I became a wife for quite some time, mostly thinking I would be this wonderful house cleaner, excellent baker and chef, and the best at every thing else wives do. I sure had all of this backwards. My self esteem has been low as have my energy levels. The low self esteem is me telling myself that I can't do all of this. 'This' meaning dishes, dusting, sweeping, laundry, cooking, bathroom duty, and keeping my husband happy all while looking good doing it. I tell myself and set myself up for failure before I even fill the sink with soapy water. I convince myself I don't have what it takes to do all of the daily duties that come with being married and having a home, so I back out of them some way. I fe...
Comments
Post a Comment